You are registering for a 1 hour Florida SAFE WEBINAR CE course. This will satisfy the Florida requirement to complete one hour of state-specific Continuing Education annually.
Class time: 10:00am - 11:00am
NMLS Course ID #15183 1 Hour Florida SAFE: 2023 Key Topics
This course takes a look at the laws and regulations governing mortgage loan originators, lenders, and brokers doing business in Florida. We will review standards of conduct, including license maintenance, disclosures, and limitations on fees and charges, as well as a review of prohibited conduct for licensees, and disciplinary action that may be taken when violations of the law occur.
At the end of this course, students will:
- Recall the authority of the Office of Financial Regulation as it applies to mortgage licensees in Florida
- Describe licensing qualifications and the application process for those wishing to obtain a mortgage loan originator license, as well as information related to maintaining a license
- Identify important required conduct, including fees and charges, disclosures, and reporting
- Recognize the recordkeeping requirements for Florida mortgage licensees
- Identify the rules and requirements regarding mortgages and conveyances
- Recall unique areas of Florida law, particularly the Florida homestead exemption
- Discuss prohibited conduct under Florida law and identify disciplinary actions that may be taken due to violations
Important Information: This course is delivered via a live feed of an instructor presenting course material and is designed to allow the student to communicate in real time with the instructor as well as fellow students. Once registered, you will receive log in credentials to your student portal where you will find all of your class materials.
Please note the following attendance information pertaining to your webinar to receive full credit:
- All students must attest to the Rules of Conduct prior to entry into the webinar
- The NMLS requires all student to be visible on webcam for the duration of the webinar.
- To verify identity, students are required to display Government Issued IDs.
- Students failing to log in at least 15 minutes prior to the webinar risk not being admitted and receiving credit.
- You will only be given credit for the webinar if you have met all NMLS attendance, participation and identification requirements.
- If a student misses any portion of a webinar, no credit will be given.
- Absolutely no refunds are given for missed classes.
Technical Requirements: You will need a desktop computer, laptop computer, or tablet with a reliable internet connection and a webcam to attend this course. NMLS Regulations prohibit attending a course on a cellular phone!
***IMPORTANT: The NMLS Requires all students in a webinar Continuing Education course to have a working webcam. Webcams will remain on for the duration of the course, and students must be visible to the instructor and facilitator from the shoulders up for the entire course. Please do not register for this course if you do not have a working webcam. NMLS Approved Course Providers are NOT allowed to permit exceptions to this rule!***
***Important: Course fees, once paid, are non-refundable. If for any reason you are not able to attend a class for which you have registered please let us know as soon as possible. We will make every effort to move your registration to an upcoming class for no additional charge. Each student is allowed one rescheduled registration before registration fees will be forfeited. ***